Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Are your Burdens too Heavy



On the Wings of Prayer
By Helen Steiner Rice
Just close your eyes and open your heart
And feel your worries and cares depart,
Just yield yourself to the Father above
And let Him hold you secure in His love-
For life on earth grows more involved
With endless problems that can't be solved-
But God only asks us to do our best,
Then He will "take over" and finish the rest-
So when you are tired, discouraged and blue,
There's always one door that is open to you-
And that is the door to "The House of Prayer"
And you'll find God waiting to meet you there,
And "The House of Prayer" is no farther away
Than the quiet spot where you kneel and pray-
For the heart is a temple when God is there
As we place ourselves in His loving care,
And He hears every prayer and answers each one
When we pray in His name "Thy Will be done"-
And the burdens that seemed too heavy to bear
Are lifted away on "the 'Wings of prayer."

3 comments:

elaine said...

Rhetorical questions for you. Do you believe this? If so, why? And when, how recent? And....how?

Guess what? I am HERE and I know WHERE I'm going next! Yes, that is big news for me. Thanks for your blog (again)!

E

Elaine said...

Well fellow E...I do believe this...I have been doing alot of soul searching...this poem I recently found...and there is so much love and truth to it...we just have to add our faith...(this is the harder part) Earthly distractions...are what pulls me away from thinking like this...I am trying to keep my focus better...

I am glad U know the answers to my ??'s...I ♥ Ur blog...MORE!!

Stacy Householder said...

Your blog is so uplifting, I really enjoy it! :) I always feel better after I visit. :)

Love you!