Sunday, August 24, 2008

The unofficial Aunt...Gains another Blessing





A couple years ago, I was lucky enough to meet a beautiful Spanish woman named Lorena. She is so sweet, kind and fun too~! We met at exercise class a lady in our stake does. We became friends. I enjoy spending time with her. She soon had a sweet daughter, Ainsley Jae (AJ)... I have such fun playingwith her and watching her explore the wonders of the world. My children are in love with her as well, so eager to show her things and play. I am very thankful
for this as all of their cousins are far away. AJ is turning 2 and bought her the cutest outfit.
(see the Elmo picture)
Lorena and Bryon found out they were expecting baby #2 and it was a boy. They have been eagerly doing things to prepare for his arrival. She has had her daily counter on her blog...and been talking with AJ about her brother coming. Ian arrived Monday August 18th. He was 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. He tends to favor his mom a bit...at least I think so.
I was lucky enough to be able to watch AJ for a couple days while mom and dad were at the hospital. It was so fun to have a little one around.
We have been to see the family a few times in the last week and it is so wonderful to see the joy Ian has brought. Lorena's mom and Aunt were able to travel from Southern Mexico on Saturday. How fun to meet her mom and aunt. (I only wish I spoke Spanish)
I wanted to share my happiness with everyone. I feel very lucky to have a friend like Lorena in my life. I hope she knows how much I appreciate and love her and her family. Thanks for letting me play the unofficial aunt.

No comments: